Scotties Tournament of Hearts Draw Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
DISCLAIMER: This draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, and the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. Any comments or questions about the draw should be addressed to the sponsor.
CORPORATE SPONSOR AND FACILITATOR: 'Sponsor' and/or 'Facilitator' means and refers to MTD Products Limited.
CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The 'Contest Entry Period' begins on Friday, November 27, 2015 @ 12:01 AM (EST) ('Start Date') and ends on Monday, February 1, 2016 @ 11:59 PM (EST) (the 'End Date'). Sponsor will keep the official time of the draw.
HOW WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN: A draw from all contestants who have 'followed' MTD Products Canada on Twitter https://twitter.com/MTDProducts_CA): one (1) winner will be selected by a random drawing.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The draw is FREE to enter and open to all individuals who are legal residents of Canada and, have reached the minimum required age of eighteen (18) years at the time they submit their entry, and have a valid email address and Twitter account as of the entry period start date ("you" or "contestant"). DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF CANADA, A MTD EMPLOYEE, A RELATIVE OF AN MTD EMPLOYEE AND AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OR YOU OTHERWISE DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES' should be changed to 'DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF CANADA AND AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OR YOU ARE A MTD EMPLOYEE, A RELATIVE OF AN MTD EMPLOYEE OR YOU OTHERWISE DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Geographic Region and Applicable Law: THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY BY RESIDENTS OF CANADA AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED, GOVERNED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANADIAN LAW WITHOUT REFERENCE TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. The Contest is void outside of Canada, and where otherwise prohibited by applicable federal, provincial or local laws, rules or regulations. It is the contestant's responsibility to ensure that he/she is legally eligible to enter the draw under any provincial or federal laws applicable to him or her, in their area of residence or otherwise. The employees, officers and directors of the sponsor, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to participate in the draw.
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Entry Period,
2) Start 'following' the page by clicking 'follow' between November 27, 2015 and February 1, 2016
3) Draw will take place on February 2, 2016
If the registration is submitted and approved (at sponsor's sole discretion) it will be entered into the Draw ('Entry'). You may enter one entry per person, only one (1) prize per household.
NOTE: You must login with a valid Twitter account in order to participate in the draw. Entries that do not include all the required information and/or do not adhere to these Official Rules, at Sponsor's sole discretion, will be void and will not be entered into the draw. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete entries. Once submitted, you may not change, modify, alter, delete or substitute for your entry.
3. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED: Winners will be notified by direct message or via Twitter post. If the contestant does not respond to the notification within three (3) business days, an alternate winner may be selected. To receive a prize, winners shall respond by email with the following information: 1) full name, 2) complete mailing address, and 3) daytime and evening telephone number (with area codes). All decisions of the facilitator in all matters relating to the draw are final and binding on all contestants.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Prize will be awarded. Two full event ticket packages to the Scotties Tournament of Hearts event at Revolution Place in Grand Prairie, Alberta. Event takes place from February 20-28. Prize does not include transportation to and from the tournament. The prize also does not include food or accommodations on or around the date of the tournament.
The Aggregate Total Estimated Retail Value of all Prizes in this Draw is $800.
No Prize substitution requests will be honored. However, sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize(s) in whole or in part with another Prize of comparable or greater value. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
Prizes are subject to and made in compliance with the Canadian Competition Bureau and any applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned in whole or in part. If a Prize notification or any Prize is: 1) returned as non-deliverable, or 2) if the potential Prize recipient is not eligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, it will result in Prize forfeiture, and in such event an alternate winner may be selected in the draw. Undeliverable, returned or unclaimed Prizes may be re-awarded.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the draw, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Scotties Tournament of Hearts Draw. Sponsor will determine at Sponsor's sole discretion if an entry complies with these Official Rules. This draw is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. The Sponsor shall be responsible for ensuring the draw complies with all laws in all jurisdictions where the draw is offered. This draw is void where prohibited by law. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or provision.
6. RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this draw, you agree that the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns will have the right to use all or a part of the information associated with your Entry for future advertising, trade, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, without compensation and without notice to you and without additional consideration, review or approval from you; AND if you are selected as a Winner of this draw, by accepting a Prize you hereby consent and agree, where lawful, to the use by Sponsor (and its affiliates and authorized representatives) of your name, image, likeness, hometown and biographical information, and other indicia of persona ('Information') for publicity, trade, advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered and developed worldwide, without additional compensation/consideration, and without the right of review, notification or approval for five (5) years after the end of the draw entry period, and, upon request, will provide such Information and consent to such use in writing. Contestants and/or Winners, by entering this draw, affirmatively waive all claims to and shall receive no royalties of any kind now or in the future from the Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns for use of the Contestant's Entry information and Winner's Information, in whole or in part, and Contestants and Winners represent, warrant and agree that no other party is entitled to claim royalties from the use of the Entry information and Information related to the draw. Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns are in no way obligated to use or continue to use the Entry information or Winners' Information (and have no obligation to the Contestant and/or Winner or any other person or entity after the Entry is received). Nothing herein shall be deemed an obligation of confidentiality.
7. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By entering this draw, you represent and warrant that: (a) Your Entry, in its entirety, is an original submission by you, contains your personal information and not the personal information of another, and you have not used content from a third party to contribute to your Entry without permission; (b) Your Entry, the use thereof by Sponsor of any of the rights granted by you under these Official Rules, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, theft of identity, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights; and (c) You have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Entry and to grant all of the rights that you have granted to the Sponsor under these Official Rules;
9. LIABILITY PROVISIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to Entries or other factors beyond Sponsor's reasonable control. You assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Entries. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied that your Entry was properly submitted. Sponsor shall not be liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor by reason of the Prize becoming unavailable or impracticable to award, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist act, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause. Sponsor, and its employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, resellers, dealers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies ("Released Parties") shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any of the following: delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet, or other connections; the availability, accessibility, technical failure or miscommunications of computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by the draw site or draw site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the draw; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the draw; theft, loss, destruction or damage to an Entry in whole or in part; and other factors beyond their reasonable control. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to your or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the draw or downloading materials from or used by the draw site or any other website.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE DRAW SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAW IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE FACILITATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE DRAW AND SEEK CRIMINAL CHARGES AND CIVIL DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR AND FACILITATOR AND ANY AFFILIATES AND AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES AND RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE RELEASED AND HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISABILITY OR DEATH, AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FROM THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, ANY AND ALL USE AS PROVIDED HEREIN OF YOUR ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS DRAW AND/OR ANY RELATED DRAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES PRESENTED ON WWW.MTDPRODUCTS.CA AND THE DRAW SITE ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION.
12. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE: These Official Rules shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Competition Bureau of Canada, as applicable herein, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this draw shall be resolved by the Canadian Competition Bureau (http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/). In the province of Quebec any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Contestant and Sponsor expressly waive any and all rights to contest the propriety of such choice of jurisdiction and venue, or to invoke the doctrine of forum non conveniens. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this draw, but in no event attorneys' fees. Contestant hereby waives all rights to: (i) claim or be awarded any punitive, direct, indirect, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (ii) to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Contestant recognizes that the provisions of this paragraph are a material factor in their decision to enter into this draw.
13. WINNERS LIST: To request the names of Winners, mail a Canada sufficiently stamped, self-addressed envelope to: MTD Products Limited, P.O. Box 1386 Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J1 Requests must be received by March 15, 2016. If you have any questions or wish to send us any information regarding MTD Products Limited Scotties Tournament of Hearts Draw, please contact: c/o Marketing Specialist, MTD Products Limited, P.O. Box 1386, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J1.